On April 14th, the Men’s Club Board of Directors held a video conference meeting on Zoom. I want to inform the members of the following steps we will take to insure the continuity of the Club.
- Though both Club and Sub-Club meetings are restricted during the lockdown, I will send periodic eBlasts out to the membership to inform them of specific actions. Please check your emails.
- The Men’s Club will hold its first Zoom based online general meeting on April 28th at the usual time at 11:00 am and a subsequent one on May 10th at 11:00. Some Sub-Clubs, such as the Readers, will be holding their own online meetings.
- The Board authorized two donations to aid the community. $500 to Gleaners Community Food Bank to provide 2,000 meals and $500 to the Ascension St. John Foundation for their Associate Hardship Fund to aid frontline healthcare workers and their families.
- Choral Group members have volunteered to don their blazers and sing out from their front porch at 7 pm each evening.
- The Newsletter will be posted on the website and sent out via eBlast but paper copies are suspended until safe distribution can be assured.
- Feel free to shout out support in recognition of our healthcare workers at 7pm each evening (as is occurring in NYC )–inside the house is okay as well.
- Standby for an eBlast sending an invitation for the first Zoom-based meeting.
Please stay safe and keep in touch with each other. If you know a member who is not connected to the internet please give them a call to check in and update them on the Club.
To quote Winston Churchill—We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give.
Ken A. Mokray, President